According to Wikipedia, potato salad has its roots in Germany and was introduced to the United States by European settlers in the mid-1800s. It is served cold, or at room temperature and the ingredients include mayonnaise, chopped vegetables and bacon. So, how can we make a creamy, protein-rich VEGAN version of a potato salad? Our chef, Alwyn Lewis, made one, and it was easily the most gratifying potato salad we have ever had. Velvety, flavourful, and filling. And best of all, he whipped it up using five simple ingredients – Boiled potatoes, red grapes, finely chopped cilantro, a packet of Nona Vegan Alfredo Sauce and a jar of Tiffinday Chickpea Curry Stew.
This Most Gratifying Potato Salad is perfect for pot-luck barbeques, working lunches, a side for dinner, an after-school snack for the kids before Karate class….. and much more!
Preparing time: 15 minutes!
- 2 cups boiled potatoes chopped in large chunks
- A handful of grapes, chopped in halves
- Finely chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 packet of Nona Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 jar Chickpea and Tomato Curry Stew
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Place the potato chunks in a large mixing bowl
- Add 6 dollops of Nona Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Give it a gentle mix so the sauce covers all the potatoes. If needed add more sauce.
- Top it with chopped red grapes
- Scoop 1/3 of the Tiffinday Curry Stew straight up from the Jar over the potatoes. Yes, you can eat curry cold, and it is delicious!
- Sprinkle Cilantro as a garnish
- Bon Appetit!
GOBBLE GOBBLE….. Bon Appetit